- has 5-6 weeks of vacation per year
- goes on 2 or more short-breaks (less than 4 days) per year
- takes 1 or more long vacations (5 days+) per year
- travels more and more with age (seniors take more both short and long vacations than the younger age groups)
- dreams about traveling long haul – but most often travels within Europe
- travels to find new experiences, relaxation and warm temperatures
- prefers to stay at hotels or resorts – and preferably with minimum 4 stars
- are most often inspired by friends and relatives and online reviews when it comes to choosing his or her next destination
- primarily use Facebook and Instagram for SoMe inspiration
- list price level, safety and climate as some of the most important factors when choosing a destination
- also goes for historic experiences, beach access and the possibility for outdoor activities
- prefers to book online – either hotel and flight separately or package deal
- spend an average of 1051 EUR on traveling per year – contributing to a total Nordic travel budget of almost 27 billion EUR
All data is from a yearly survey conducted by Related in September 2018 together with A&B Analyse among 4,138 Nordic respondents distributed reasonably even across Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
For further information or details about the Nordic traveler, don’t hesitate to contact Related.